Epic Software index login search
spacer
 
Blog Archive
2016
June (1 )
2013
December (1 )
August (2 )
July (1 )
March (1 )
February (3 )
2012
December (1 )
November (1 )
August (2 )
July (1 )
June (3 )
May (1 )
April (2 )
March (3 )
February (2 )
January (6 )
2011
December (4 )
November (4 )
October (6 )
September (6 )
August (6 )
July (4 )
June (4 )
May (7 )
April (6 )
March (4 )
February (4 )
January (5 )
2010
December (6 )
November (3 )
October (3 )
September (1 )
August (3 )


By Bloger
Vic (30 )
Anthony (2 )
Andrew (3 )
Adam (2 )

Back to the Blog

Our Blog

RSS Feed for this Blog

   
title_blog.jpg

Major Repairs Made This Week - Framing - Insulation - Electrical

February 22, 2012 - We made a great deal of progress on the repair work over the past 12 days as you will see by the photos in this blog entry. The studio was a beehive of activity as Danny Span and his crew of framers and sheet rockers returned. The crews from Comfortemp returned and insulated the walls and ceilings (thanks for working on Sunday so we could keep our schedule). In addition, Adam, Cliff and Chad took care of the electrical work, carpentry, and steel work that needed to be done.

Fernando returned to replace the HVAC units and run new ducting. During the fire, the ducts acted as conduits and did a great job of spreading the smoke. The air handler took the biggest hit and we had to remove and replace it with a new one.  Adam checked the wiring in the studio and determined it was damaged in the fire. He ran new wire, and took this opportunity to add some soffit lights to the front of the building. They really make the place look great at night.

Since we had to repair the roof area outside the Silver Rock deck, we decided to extend it so rain water would fall beyond deck floor. This should extend the life of the deck, and allow us to add a ceiling fan and light. Last year we were in a drought, and this year we have an excessive amount of rain so we had to adjust construction schedules for the weather.




Posted by on February 22, 2012


Send this article to your friends
Facebook Email Digg Designfloat del.icio.us Ask Google Twitter Amazon Wishlist Nujij BuddyMarks Squidoo MySpace Multiply LinkedIn oneview Bebo

Post A link on your blog or webpage!

Post URL on your blog or webpage!

E-Mail As A link Mailto
Add to your Favorites
More Shareing Options

Comments


No Comments made yet


Leave a comment

Name:
Email:
Your Comment
Notify me of follow-up comments?
 



All of the electric lines damaged in the fire were replaced.

All of the damaged studs and ceiling joists were removed and replaced.

Close up showing the interior container wall damaged by the fire.

The metal wall were the fireman cut through the container was repaired then cleaned then painted.

With all the studs replaced and the HVAC ducts installed, we were ready for insulation.

Comfortemp crews arrive and replaced the cellulose between the studs and ceiling.

Webbing is placed on the ceiling so crews can blow in the insulation behind the hip wall.

Good weather allowed the cellulose in the walls to dry quickly.

Cellulose makes a mess when it goes on, but cleans up easily.

Smoke damage is easy to see inside the air handler

Smoke damage on the inside of the air handler.

Hardisoffit planes arrive and are positioned on the second floor balcony.

Long shot of the balcony with the Hardisoffit panels being painted in the foreground.

The Hardisoffit panels are nailed in place. LED lights on a timer were added at this time.

A coat of paint was added to the seam areas of the Hardisoffit.

We extended the roof line over the Silver Rock Deck.

The roof extension will allow water to drip beyond the edge of the deck and reduce damage to the wood.

Deck extension almost completed.

Interior of Container 11 is repaired.

We saved all the wood taken out of the building...

...cut out the burned sections, and we will be using this scrap wood for shelves in the Armadillo (area under the ADA ramp).

 
 
spacer