February 22, 2012 - We made a great deal of progress on the repair work over the past 12 days as you will see by the photos in this blog entry. The studio was a beehive of activity as Danny Span and his crew of framers and sheet rockers returned. The crews from Comfortemp returned and insulated the walls and ceilings (thanks for working on Sunday so we could keep our schedule). In addition, Adam, Cliff and Chad took care of the electrical work, carpentry, and steel work that needed to be done.
Fernando returned to replace the HVAC units and run new ducting. During the fire, the ducts acted as conduits and did a great job of spreading the smoke. The air handler took the biggest hit and we had to remove and replace it with a new one. Adam checked the wiring in the studio and determined it was damaged in the fire. He ran new wire, and took this opportunity to add some soffit lights to the front of the building. They really make the place look great at night.
Posted by on February 22, 2012
February 10, 2012 - Blackman Mooring completed their work on cleaning the interior of the building and they did a fantastic job. Every inch of the exposed walls and rafters were wiped down with chemical sponges, vacuumed, ozone treated and 2 dumpster loads of debris were carted off. Just a week after the fire started, the only place that smelled like smoke was the studio, and that is only when you get close to the source of the fire. I am confident that once the burned studs are removed, and the studio put back together, you will be hard pressed to know there was ever a fire here in the first place.
The only damage to the interior of the 11 containers was some paint that was burned in container #11. The fireman cut the container with a steel saw, and we welded the piece back in place this week. A couple coats of paint and we are back in business. With the clean-up work completed, we turned our attention to the rebuilding work that will be with us for the next few weeks.
Posted by on February 13, 2012